Thursday 15 January 2009

My new favorite band...


"In this Moment"! That's the name of a band I've been listening to recently. Though i tend to be somewhat skeptical when it comes to metal bands with a female at the helm, this one sure did catch my attention. In their new album "The Dream" they blend melodic metalcore with 80's new wave punk all the while adding in a twist of goth, which makes for a tasty tasty treat.

This band is much like the goth/melodic bands of Europe such as "Nightwish"and "Within Temptation" but with good compositions, a good vocalist, and catchy hooks. Yes folks, yet again American music has schooled the rest of the world (no offense intended), and you would do well to go check them out on myspace or your local music store.

Stay tuned for my thoughts on the Indie Rap group called "Flobots"....

3 comments:

Clara said...

you just like them cause the girl has a sleeve tattoo.

crazynik said...

and you're quite sexist to be so skeptical about female lead singers.
But I love you anyway

mark said...

you know me, sexist is my middle name.

It's like Marky "sexist" Osborn...