Sunday 4 January 2009

When Sorry doesn't fix it.....

Well, everyone makes mistakes right? Right! And we all know that when we make those mistakes, the Lord is right there to forgive us. That’s a pretty comforting thought if you ask me. But no matter how sorry we are, sometimes it just doesn’t fix it. If you have hurt someone, or betrayed someone’s trust it’s almost impossible to regain that trust or make things right. It’s sad, but I believe that the Lord allows it.

There truly is no condemnation under Christ. There is no reason to mull over the mistakes that we’ve made, we need to accept and learn from them, but I do believe that the Lord allows us to experience the pain of not being forgiven to really drive the point home. Maybe we have been making the same mistake over and over and this are in need of something more drastic to get us to finally wake up.

Recently I did something that hurt two very good friends of mine. It was a moment of weakness but the effects of that single moment will last a long time. In my case, I am determined to not let it go to waste. I want to learn what I can and allow the experience to keep me desperate and changing. That’s really all the Lord expects from us, the rest is in his hands.

To sum it up; sorry doesn’t always fix it, but we can do our part by learning from our mistakes and truly changing from the inside out. If we do our part, the Lord will do his. Ok that’s all I have to say about that. It’s short, but to the point. Any thoughts?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did you do this time?

Anonymous said...

GBY!
Added this place to my blogs.
Be back!

Anonymous said...

Yeeup. That's right.

Dan said...

Well I beg to differ somewhat Marky, take the passage in Matthew 18 where Peter asks the Lord how often he should forgive his brother. And the Lord replies "I do not say unto you seven times but seventy times seven". He then goes on to the parable of the servant who is forgiven of his debt but doesn't forgive those who are indebted to him.

What you have posted is a very good example for the person in the wrong to do, but for those who have been hurt or wronged I believe there's also a lesson too.

God engineers happenings in all our lives and it's for purposes that should benefit not only us but those on the receiving or opposite ends.

Remember the Bible does implore us to reconcile with our brother, and if we have done so and are truly contrite in spirit I believe the Bible implores those who were wronged to forgive as well and guarantees that our Heavenly Father will also forgive us. Anyway just a couple cents. Take care man.

mark said...

Well said!