Monday 9 February 2009

MY NECK..

...HURTS!!! But it was worth it. Dan and I went to see Mychildren Mybride, The Human Abstract, Protest the hero, and AS I LAY DYING the other night and our lives were changed forever. We set up a tripod and a video camera so we got some amazing shots. I'm going to post them right here on my blog so you too can experience what we did.

As i lay dying was so good, tight as tiger. I stood directly in front of Phil (guitarist) for the first two songs, "nothing left" and "An ocean Between us", but as soon as they started playing "Forever" i tore my way though to the circle pit. My neck hurt so bad already from watching Mychildren Mybride that i couldn't go on much longer, so i finished the show sitting down in a spot where i could hear both guitars do harmonies and stuff (except for when they played "darkest nights", i went up to the front for that one).

The song list was:

Nothing Left
An Ocean Between us
Forever
Through Struggle
within destruction
Forsaken
The Darkest nights
Meaning in tragedy
I never wanted
Indefined
The sound of truth
94 hours
Confined

The last 2 were an encore, i left the main hall because i thought the show was over but they got back on stage and started playing 94 hours so i ran like the wind to the circle pit.

Mychildren Mybride were also very good, darn near stole the show. They have some crazy slow breakdowns and plenty of two steppin' fun. I was up front the whole time screaming their songs at the top of my lungs, good times. Here are a few pix. Video on the way.

5 comments:

Stephanie Paone said...

murmur murmur....

I prolly wouldn't survive one of those concerts anyway.

Sounds like fun though.

mark said...

you would have liked it, there were places to sit and all. but yeah, awesome..

Anonymous said...

Looks like the guy has a big red hat on

Anonymous said...

sick....that guy's ear is like..... stretched. ahhh gross!

Anonymous said...

That little guy is pretty ugly!!!...Tony